What To Do If You Spot Signs Of Termites In Your Sierra Vista Home
May 15, 2022 - Termites
Having pest control in Sierra Vista lets you worry less about invading insects and creatures. While they’ll always be persistent, your defenses will be in place. This is especially needed for wood-destroying insects, like termites. These critters aren’t out in the open; they exist in soil or behind foundations. Consequently, you may overlook evidence of termite damage for a bit.
Termites cause $5 billion in deterrence and restoration costs in America each year. The consensus with insurance companies is that it’s preventable and doesn’t need to be covered. Find out how to read signs of termites inside your house and what actions to take. Mule Mountain Pest Control can offer assistance.
How To Identify Signs Of Termites In Your Home
As with many bugs, termites are larvae at the beginning of their lives. Once they reach the nymph stage, they’ll molt many times. At maturation, they’ll be workers, soldiers, or swarmers. Generally, they won’t live more than two years. If they’re queens, they’ll flourish for a decade if their surroundings are supportive.
The majority of workers in Sierra Vista are 0.12 of an inch long and white or grayish-white. Reducing wood is their job, hence their title. Soldiers have a fitting name as well. The yellow-brown insects protect the others with their rectangular heads and substantial mandibles.
Swarmers are ½ of an inch long and have wings. Shade-wise, they’re black, yellow, or brown. Between mating and designing new nests, they’ll stop by any lights they can find. You might see them near windows and fixtures.
Signs of termites inside your house are:
- Swarmers buzzing about
- Coming across the discarded wings of swarmers
- Discovering mountains of fecal frass next to the openings, maze patterns, and mud tubes of termites
- Hollow sounding walls
- Hearing clicking and rustling from inside foundations
- Having paint that is ballooning and flaking
- Noticing that drywall is loose and off-color
- Slacking tiles and creaking floorboards
- Window frames and doors fit tightly
Once more, evidence of termite damage won’t be upfront for a while. Having annual or recurring inspections by Mule Mountain Pest Control will enable you to catch the bugs before things get out of hand.
Termites Destroy The Wooden Structures They Infest
Termites infesting your home will lead to walls, floors, and bases that aren’t sturdy. Your domicile can become permanently uninhabitable or for an extended period.
Factors That Attract Termites To Your Home
Remember that termites are drawn to moisture, organic matter, and wood material, mainly if it’s on the ground. With this in mind, you’ll need to perform the following tasks diligently:
- Remove or refurbish wood that is damaged or decaying.
- Make sure leaks and moisture dysfunctions are repaired right away. Pay special attention to faults that are dampening wood.
- Seal up holes in utility lines, caulk, and foundations.
- Attach screens on every door that goes outdoors.
- Flush out all vents and gutters regularly.
- Push plants and wood stacks two feet or more from the property.
- Don’t let loose wood, like carpentry panels, touch soil.
- Cut the grass and trim greenery on a routine basis.
Many people purchase commercial pesticides to combat termites or ward them off. These products are fashioned to give temporary relief. Infestations cannot be addressed. Two other downsides are the high price and toxicity. Organic agents are even less effective in the face of significant issues.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Termites In Your Home
To beat termites, you need solid and comprehensive home pest control treatments that won’t harm humans, pets, or vegetation. We at Mule Mountain Pest Control can provide that at an affordable rate. Our staff of state-certified applicators is eager to take away your troubles. Don’t hesitate to call us today to help with your pest problem!