Spiders Be Gone: Expert Tips For Effective Spider Control For Your Sierra Vista Home
July 15, 2023 - Spiders
When you became a homeowner, you didn’t expect to have to share it with eight-legged enigmatic intruders. Spiders never fail to provoke fascination as well as fear. Their ability to cause alarm by doing nothing more than crawling along a wall or countertop is more than enough reason to want them gone.
Thankfully, our courageous team at Mule Mountain Pest Control provides the best ways to get rid of spiders so you can concentrate on the more important matters in your life. Continue reading to learn more about these arachnids and why you should enlist the services of professionals with pest control in Sierra Vista to make sure they don’t come back.
Spider Identification: How To Recognize Different Species
Arizona residents know a thing or two about encounters with creepy crawlies. From snakes to scorpions to spiders, there's no shortage of creatures you can stumble across daily. But when it comes to arachnids, you may have a run-in with any of these types of spiders:
- Black widow spiders: Infamous for their venomous bite, they’re easily recognizable by their super shiny black bodies with that unmistakable bright orange or red hourglass-shaped pattern on their abdomen.
- Desert recluse spiders: With a pale yellow to tan color, they also have a violin-shaped marking on their cephalothorax.
- Wolf spiders: Relatively large and agile with prominent eyes that seem to glow in the dark, these long-legged creatures vary in color with distinct dark markings on their body.
- Grass spiders: With elongated bodies and long, slender legs, they’re typically light to medium brown.
- Tarantulas: Large and hairy, these creatures are covered in dense, bristly hair ranging in various colors, including brown, black, green, red, purple, and blue.
Remember, it’s best to avoid handling or disturbing spiders, especially if you’re uncertain about the potential danger. It’s advisable to seek guidance from local experts or pest control professionals for proper identification and appropriate actions.
Symptoms Of Spider Bites: What To Expect And How To Treat
If you ever experience the unfortunate circumstance of being bitten by a spider, the first action you should take is to wash the bite with warm, soapy water promptly. Swelling and redness may occur at the bite site. If you're feeling pain or a stinging sensation, you can apply a topical ointment and take an over-the-counter pain reliever. You can even apply a cold compress to help soothe the area.
Some people may experience itchiness as the pain subsides, but resist the temptation to scratch it, which could slow down the healing process. In rare instances, some people may have a serious allergic reaction to spider venom, resulting in more severe symptoms that can include difficulty breathing, chest tightness, swelling of the face or mouth, dizziness, or a rapid pulse. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical attention.
The specific treatment for a spider bite may vary based on the species involved and the severity of symptoms, so it’s best to consult a healthcare professional for guidance. Also, give Mule Mountain Pest Control a call for assistance in eliminating common house spiders in Sierra Vista.
Preventing Spider Infestations: Practical Tips And Tricks
If you want to avoid arachnids becoming houseguests, review these simple and practical tips:
- Plug up potential entry points
- Remove clutter
- Suction up webs with a vacuum attachment
- Keep outdoor lights off, or use yellow or amber bulbs
Consult a reputable pest service for additional suggestions on preventing different kinds of spiders from invading your home.
Professional Pest Control: A Great Spider Control Solution
Mule Mountain Pest Control offers our residents the most effective solutions to wipe out all types of spiders in Sierra Vista. We help restore harmony to your living spaces. If you’re ready to stop performing impromptu acrobatic routines to avoid walking into spider webs, reach out to us today to request a comprehensive inspection.