Signs You May Be Struggling With A Rat Infestation In Sierra Vista
April 30, 2022 - Rats
All types of rats in the Sierra Vista area may infiltrate your home, cause significant damage, and potentially spread illnesses. To avoid the diseases rats carry, you should be looking for the best way to get rid of rats fast – professional Sierra Vista pest control services.
Do I Have A Rat Infestation?
There are several signs to watch for around your home if you suspect a rat infestation. If you notice these rat problem indicators, reach out to Mule Mountain Pest Control immediately for more advice:
- Seeing rats around your home or property or hearing rustling in the walls at night
- Small holes that appear in walls or baseboards around your house
- Rat droppings in the backs of cupboards, around appliances, or in food pantry and storage areas
- Shredded nesting materials, such as paper, fabrics, or plant material
- Food packaging with distinct gnaw or scratch marks
- Noticing gnaw or scratch marks around your home on walls or furniture
What Causes A Rat Infestation?
A group of rats may enter your home because there is plenty of easy access to food, water, and shelter. Uncovered trash, cluttered areas, and excess water pools draw rats. They are also highly suited to live alongside humans. If you don't exercise caution to prevent and control this pest, these factors can lead to a full-blown rat infestation in your house.
The best way to deal with an active rat infestation is to establish careful prevention tactics and reach out to Mule Mountain Pest Control for assistance with rat control.
Here Are Six Tips For Dealing With A Rat Infestation
If you want to know how to get rid of rats around your Sierra Vista home, it involves implementing proper prevention tactics. Follow the steps below to deter rats and keep these pests out of your home:
- Seal all potential rat entry points around your house with chew-proof materials such as steel wool. Be thorough and focus on the windows, doors, and foundation.
- Keep the grass in your yard trimmed low and work to remove debris from your property, such as woodpiles and leaf litter, to reduce rat hiding places.
- Refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills as the aroma can attract rats.
- Ensure all trash is tightly sealed and placed in trash cans with lids to prevent scavenging.
- Store leftover food promptly and correctly; consider using airtight storage containers in pantry areas.
- Fix moisture issues, leaks, and drainage problems around your property to prevent excess pools of water that attract rats.
What Does Mule Mountain Pest Control Do About Rats In My Home?
If you want to get rid of rats at home, trust our Mule Mountain Pest Control professionals. Our experts will provide you with a thorough home inspection to determine where and how the rats are infiltrating and then develop a customized treatment plan to meet your property's needs.
You can count on Mule Mountain Pest Control to fully eradicate your rat problem and allow you to reclaim your home from this pest.